March 10, 2008

"Origin of the Species"




As Smiley has mentioned in her blog, we were very lucky here in Tumbarumba to receive a visit from Paul Brunton, curator of the State Library of NSW, come to visit us. He brought along with him a newly aquired copy of the book "Origin of the Species" by Charles Darwin. It was great to see so many people visit our little library and come to listen to the very informative talk that was given by Paul. Many Many thanks to Paul for allowing Smiley and myself to have a hold of this very old (published in 1859) and expensive (cost around $180,000) book, it was an experience that I will never forget. Mind you I did pay a small price for that......I had to get out of bed early and go get the book from the secure holding place at 6.45am the nect morning! (It was worth it though!)

1 comment:

snowflake said...

I am so happy to hear you had lots of people come to the Tumbarumba Library to hear Paul. It's great for everyone involved.

Cheers
Shauna